Having a real estate professional with investing experience is imperative. They know what to look for and can weed out things that won't work (based on your parameters). They have insight into what's selling and for what price, in a specific area, and how that fits into your potential project.
During the process, they can make recommendations for lenders, contractors, staging companies, etc. If you are an experienced real estate investor the role of the agent will certainly be more hands-off, so the previous experience isn’t as crucial. With that said, it is still nice to work with someone who is on the same level as you.
- locate undervalued or underutilized properties on MLS.
- run deal analysis.
- locate off-market and pocket listings via the vast network.
- provide an introduction to hard money and commercial lenders if needed.
During Project (if Flip or Conversion)
- provide contact to contractors if needed.
- act as a sounding board for potential hurdles that may arise.
run market analysis to help determine a list price
provide staging contacts if needed
professional photos, video tours, etc.
get it sold fast and make you money!